Way Semaka Mini-Hydro Power Project 10 MW, (PLTM Way Semaka) is located in West Lampung Regency, Lampung Province of Sumatera Island, about 240 km and 4-hour drive from the provincial capital of Bandar Lampung.
Key Advantages of the Project
- Very good site access with good access and only short access road at thend to be built.
- High Capacity Factor of 80% with verified hydrology (Downstream project is PLTA 59 MW Semangka under construction)
- 100% of the project is located in Taman Nasional Bukit Barisan Selatan (TNBBS). No habitation at project area making construction stage easier.
- Land Use permit for 26.4 Ha compared to 5-10 Ha acquired by most projects.
- BPP at Lampung is 1039 IDR and lower than national average of 1119 BPP. Hence, tariff is set on Business to Business (negotiation).
-Moderate Topography and Flat Area for Power House location making construction relatively easy.